Thread: Red Sea Butterfly (Chaetodon semivarlatus) FS

Red Sea Butterfly (Chaetodon semivarlatus) FS

Very healthy and beautiful, 5''-6'', cared for for 8 months. Trying to get $150 for it(Paid $250+shipping). I'm very sad it has to go( Its either it or many numerous varieties of corals. It leaves acros and montis with small polyps alone, and all soft leathers, mushrooms, chalices. Any anemone without an anemonefish, zoanthids, most fleshy LPS and especially xenia, it loves xenia, oh and you'll never see another aiptasia again. Very curious fish, never gets scared and always is swimming in the open areas day and night. May consider part trade for a nice acro or monti or something cool. PM or email me if interested

Attachment 381

Attachment 382

Attachment 383

-Jon R.

What a gorgeous fish! Hope you find it a terrific new home! (Wish it could be mine, but I think a 125 would be pushing it-- and then I'd have no corals left!)

Beautiful, wish I had the room.

I keep it in my 120g without feeling like it needs more room. It took some time but I've got this one to eat any frozen foods plus most flake/small pellets. Sometimes its a gamble whether they will eat or just peck at the rocks and slowly starve to death even if your told its eating(which has happened to me before). That's why its good to see it eat in person.

Double Post
    Last edited by jer77; 12-08-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Double Post

Lowered Selling Price

I have reconsidered selling the butterfly for $100.

At a certain south hills LFS the other day I saw they had two rather skinny Red Sea semilarvatus butterflies selling for $250 each. Mine is fat and healthy, eating very well and already quarantined to assure no diseases for just $100. Caring for these types of butterflies is sometimes considered for experienced aquarists, but I can assure you this one has been well acclimated for aquarium life. It does need peaceful/semi-aggressive tank mates and a tank at least at 90g.It is a great eater of aiptasia anemones and is hardier and more colorful IMO than a copperband. I will accept trades also for it as I am looking for a small acro stag colony or a colorful 3''-4'' digi colony or something like a superman/pokerstar colorful plating/encrusting colony. Chalices or other LPS would also interest me too and maybe even a small/medium sized red BTA. I am also interested in a paired percula/ocellaris variation type, not too expensive; something like a picasso. A colorful wrasse would also interest me in a trade too. Anyone can feel free to stop by to even just look at it or just check out my setup.

Wow what a gorgeous fish for a great price!!! If I had a fish only this would be the first thing on my list! Try R2R as well... always people with interest. Good Luck!

awsome fish!! would love it but got way to many zoa/paly for it to munch on.