Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SALT! What are you using?

SALT! What are you using?

I was just wondering what salt everyone is using. Do you have a reef aquarium or fish only with live rock (FOWLR)?

Personally I was using Reef Crystals and thought about using the Red Sea Pro on a future aquarium.

I have a reef tank and use regular instant ocean.

PMASI Board Member
    To be fair your questions should also include, and if so what is your dosing schedule. (poke jerpa)

I have only every used Red Sea Coral Pro. Do I swear by it? No. Do I have issues with it? No. Do I recommend it? Yes always

It was the easiest to get when I first started my tank and I see no need to change. With our 200 at home even as it matured my cal/alk/mag were all staying at tolerable levels for my tanks health.

Thanks Dave. I agree, please include your dosing schedule.
    Last edited by TomNeely; 11-07-2012 at 12:40 PM.

I ran coral pro in my 100 and had great results. I only used kalk for top off and levels stayed fairly constant with a heavy sps tank. I started with reef crystals and bulk reef 2-part but after I switched to the Red Sea all I needed was kalk.

I am pleased with Reef Crystals for my reef tank. I've had no problems, I just have to sometimes dose kalkwasser if I get behind on my water changes.

I dose kalkwasser for all my evaporation. It kept my parameters stable up until a few weeks ago. I'm now dosing a bit of 2 part once a week.

I am using Reef Crystals and buffer dKH and calcium as needed. Today I just got BRS calcium and soda ash. I have to now get a few jugs so I can mix them.

180 gallon reef with mostly sps and a few lps. Red Sea coral pro with no dosing. But I have BRS two part on standby if need be. I do dose carbon though.

PMASI Member
    I also use Red Sea coral pro
    [EMAIL="gswiech@gmail.com"]gswiech@gmail.com[/EMAIL]