Thread: Price matching!

Price matching!

I don't think many club members know this, but for some years now Elmer's has had a great price matching policy. They are really friendly about it.

As a club member, I ask you to have the courtesy to just print the page online from the merchant/product you'd like price matched. As you can imagine, this will help you and the Elmer's folks particularly if they are busy or there is a line at the register.

It's helped me keep my business local which is a good thing for us (local customer service versus nil online essentially) and its good for the hobby (bricks businesses are the grass roots for new blood still).

cheers

Is this dry goods only or livestock also? Will they give the club discount on top of the price match or is it one or the other? For those of us that arent local to elmers its tough to justify the gas and tolls to make the drive out there.

its either or, not a price match plus discount unfortunately.

oh, thats too bad. Thanks for the update.

Still that is a great deal compared to regular retail prices. Yeah ELMERS. So both for dry goods and for live ??

Hi all,

When asking Elmer's to price match, please be polite and courteous. Please also be understanding if they exclude certain items or will only match the price + shipping. Keep in mind that items like light bulbs, sand, salt, etc. are very expensive to ship relative to the cost of the item itself.

As for livestock, I would very surprised if they agree to price match. There is a lot of subjectivity (size, color, quality, etc.) to really compare (sea?)apples to apples.

And on that note... When it comes to buying livestock, I am very strongly of the opinion that it is very worth while to buy locally and pay what it costs. Getting to observe and evaluate a specimen and know that it has had days or weeks to prove it's health in a local dealer's tank is worth a huge premium, especially for delicate fish. By the time you factor in shipping you aren't really coming out ahead to mail order, especially if you get a DOA or less than perfect specimen.

Adam
    Last edited by acesnales; 01-17-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acesnales View Post
    And on that note... When it comes to buying livestock, I am very strongly of the opinion that it is very worth while to buy locally and pay what it costs. Getting to observe and evaluate a specimen and know that it has had days or weeks to prove it's health in a local dealer's tank is worth a huge premium, especially for delicate fish. By the time you factor in shipping you aren't really coming out ahead to mail order, especially if you get a DOA or less than perfect specimen.

Adam
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I used to buy online, but anymore, seeing the specimen and getting to watch it eat if you so desire is invaluable information before you put it in a tank, quarantine, or otherwise.