Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free bangaii cardinal and flame hawk

Free bangaii cardinal and flame hawk

If there is anyone coming to the meeting Saturday that can take these fish please tell me. I am running very low on money and feel like making my tank coral only would cut down on the cost greatly. If I can't find anyone, they will be going to one of our many amazing pet stores. I'm sad to see them go, but as a social 15 year old, this just isn't working out right now. Both are healthy and not aggressive whatsoever. I would give them out as a raffle to help the club, but I feel it would be a bit irresponsible of me. If you have any questions, please ask, thanks.Attachment 331Attachment 332

PMASI Board Member
    Many people have donated fish to the raffle, I wouldn't feel it being irresponsible as only people that can care for the animals should put in for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AHDOnline View Post
    Many people have donated fish to the raffle, I wouldn't feel it being irresponsible as only people that can care for the animals should put in for them.
    I was thinking more of the scenario that no one bids and someone is stuck with them. If that's alright with the club, then in perfectly fine with it.

PMASI Board Member
    Yeah that makes sense. I wasn't persuading you either way (smile) but those are both two pretty desirable fish.

Quote Originally Posted by AHDOnline View Post
    Yeah that makes sense. I wasn't persuading you either way (smile) but those are both two pretty desirable fish.
    Lol it's alright, I'll be getting more fish when I can afford it... If no one offers, would you take it? They are very healthy right now, I just need to save some money.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to make your tank a fish only as opposed to a coral only tank? I mean on just maintenance costs alone it will be a better money saver than food for the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridazn View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to make your tank a fish only as opposed to a coral only tank? I mean on just maintenance costs alone it will be a better money saver than food for the fish.
    Feel free to hijack anything from me, as long as its gonna help someone learn. I thought about it, but I just love corals way too much. They are much more interesting to me than fish and I couldn't part with the sps I have collected over the year. Most of them are encrusted anyways.

I'm not worried as much with food as I am with water changes. I'll only need to replenish my levels, not much nutrient export. I might by an invert or two so my tank isn't dull, but I won't be doing many water changes. The reason im doing this is because I broke my rodi unit. I then tried to buy a replacement piece for it, and it turned out to be the wrong one as well.

I'd be glad to take the bangaii off of your hands for you! I just lost my male last week, so with any luck yours is a male and they would pair up.... But if they are already spoken for in the raffle, I will understand...
    Last edited by fishies7; 09-13-2012 at 11:59 PM.

P.S. Don't say I didn't warn you about the hawkfish!

been looking for bangaii.....i'll take or ill just bid for it too.........lol