Thread: Tang MIA!!

Tang MIA!!

Today when the lights came on my Bristletooth Tang is MIA after only a week (approx 3 inches)!! The tang was in there on Sunday and ate well. I worked my 24 hour shift Monday so I did not see the tank. This morning he is gone with out a trace. Not in the overflow, on the carpet, floating in tank any other suggestions? I have a very minimal cleanup crew maybe 5 hermits and 5 snails in a 90g tank. All other fish are accounted for.

Brian

tang found he dies and must have been behind the rocks.

Sorry to hear that! In the future, an overactive protein skimmer is a good sign that something has died... I had a very similar experience last week with my yellow tang which I have had for close to eight months now, but after being MIA for an entire day, I caught a glimmer of yellow darting out before being bullied back into hiding by my scopas. It turns out the tang had been slashed by the scopas and was in dire need of intervention.

Long story short, we basically tore appart the entire 75 gallon tank to rescue the yellow tang, but it has a happy ending as luckily I recently added a 40 gallon tank to my collection where the tang is now happily grazing the fields of seaweed and recovering nicely!

Very good ending!