Thread: Clove Coral Eating Nudibranch - How do you get rid of them

Clove Coral Eating Nudibranch - How do you get rid of them

Anyone know how to get rid of the annoying clove eating nudibranch? Will it affect any of my other corals?

Hey,
    These Nudibranches can sometimes attack other soft corals such as leathers. I would recommend dipping the coral in Julian's revive. It will work really well in eradicating the Nudibranches. The only thing it will leave behind are the egg sacs, which coral dip will not penetrate. Once the egg sacs are hatched, you should plan another bathe in revive. You want to do this before they reach adult stage, so they cannot lay more eggs. A visual removal of any eggs that you may see is also recommended. This may require a couple rounds of treatments, they can be harboring nearby rocks as well.
    While you are doing the Revive dip regimen, I would also recommend introducing some natural predators. These include but are not limited to: Six Line Wrasses and Sally Lightfoot Crabs.

Tip: Always, I mean ALWAYS under every circumstance DIP your new corals. From a friend, from the most reputable LFS, it doesn't matter. We try to take every precaution we can, from dipping every new coral from our shipments to double dipping all of our new Acropora arrivals in interceptor and revive.

Jeff, thanks for responding and helping resolve the issue !