Thread: Filter Socks

Filter Socks

Where is the best place to order filter socks from? I will be needing some in the near future. I like the thicker socks because they seem to catch more and silence some of the splash. I have seen some on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Filter-Sock-...item4aaaa6e1d2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Filter-Sock-...item5ae700370b

They seem to be the same as you could buy at the LFS for a lot less.

Thanks
    Brian

Aquariumguys.com is in Philadelphia and they have very low prices. They have fast shipping because they are so close, but with the cost of the shipping, your still going to end up with about the same price as the lfs unless you buy in bulk. So, why not spend a few extra dollars and help out a great fish store?

I love/prefer to support the local stores!! I have only seen one store that stocks them so far and they were right around $15 each. I just wish the LFS were a bit closer to me because it takes a few hours just to make the trip. The closest stores to me are Elmers and Wet Pets and it still takes me 45 minutes one way and I am not all that impressed and they are a little overpriced. I have been dealing with Oddball pets. They are good but do not have a large varity since they a don't have the customer traffic. I have purchased off Dave's Aquastock (60-70 min) and Slippery Rock Corals (90 min)but again for me to go get small things it is a 3-4 hour adventure. Somebody should open a store in the Centery III area.

I live close to wetpets too, I agree they are overpriced on a few dry good items, I would see if maybe a Petco has some? If not, I would stick with oddballs if it's closest to you. Even though it seems like we don't have much close to us in pittsburgh, it's actually a lot compared to other states/ cities.

I am waiting to see how The Saltwater Sanctuary is going to be. I hoping that that are going to be cheaper than Wet Pets and sell more to make up for it. I am sure they are going to have some major overhead with being in a new building.

The owners of Oddball are nice and have taken there time a talked to me every time I am there. which it often because I am now buying my crickets from them 1-2 times a week for my reptiles.

The saltwater sanctuary? Never heard of them.. Oddballs is great, I love talking with them.

The Saltwater Sanctuary--look in the sponsor section of the forum. They are not open as of yet and are going to be just a few miles from Wet Pets.

They are going to be closer to me! I'm so excited lol.