Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macna 2011

PMASI Board Member
    Yeah thats why we were looking at a bus (charter bus) for a bathroom and comfort. But we would need 15-20 people to make it cheaper than flight..

I really, really, really wish I could go. But working for a school district makes it virtually impossible to get time off for travel in September. Unless a MACNA conference is held within a very short driving distance, I really can't go.

And to think, I only got into this hobby a few months after it was held in Pittsburgh!

StevenPro
    I also looked up Amtrak, but they take about two days to get you near Des Moines. I will probably fly.

PMASI Board Member
    Yeah we have looked at a few different options. Its not a cheap / easy place to get to.

We will probably end up driving our gas sipper so we can bring back all those raffle items I win

i have also looked into just about every mode of transportation and i think (if i go) i will drive. honestly i dont mind a 12 hr drive. i looked into amtrak as well. the route goes from pgh, through WASHINGTON STATE into iowa.
    Last edited by EricB; 04-23-2011 at 08:09 PM.

PMASI Board Member
    I will have to ask some friends of ours what route they are taking. They are booking a train from new Albany area and said it wasnt too bad

StevenPro
    I just booked my flights on Continental for $360.

PMASI Member
    Booked flight, Hotel, and purchased show pass. Ready to go!
    [EMAIL="gswiech@gmail.com"]gswiech@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

StevenPro
    Everyone, you have until the end of this month to get a full conference MACNA pass for $110. As of June 1st, the price goes up.