Thread: Looking for a replacement pump for Coralife skimmer

Looking for a replacement pump for Coralife skimmer

Hello! I have a Coralife Super Skimmer protein skimmer rated for a 125 gallon tank, and I am in need of a replacement pump. Does anyone happen to have one sitting around that they aren't using and would be willing to sell it at a reasonable price or know of an off brand that would fit this skimmer? Please send me a PM. Thanks!

How much gph do you need? Rio pumps are good for skimmers, but they have limited versions. If you need attachments for it, I have some (Venturi bubbler, directional u-tube, etc.)

It's 500 gallon/hour. Thanks for your offer. I know that many skimmers can use rios, but Coralife skimmers pride themselves on "needle wheel" tecnology. Do Rios have that, also?

You do need a needle wheel type pump but any pump that's listed as a skimmer replacement pump is going to be a needle wheel. The other option is take a standard pump an mesh mod it. If you google mesh mod it will bring up lots of info.

Sedra makes a nice affordable skimmer pump and I really like the otp on my octo. Whisper quiet and really churns bubbles nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by bmiller1234 View Post
    You do need a needle wheel type pump but any pump that's listed as a skimmer replacement pump is going to be a needle wheel. The other option is take a standard pump an mesh mod it. If you google mesh mod it will bring up lots of info.

Sedra makes a nice affordable skimmer pump and I really like the otp on my octo. Whisper quiet and really churns bubbles nicely.
    Thanks so much for this info. I will check into it!