Thread: Pest anemone

Pest anemone

I have these little anemone's in my tank that look like little 3/8-1/2 inch bubble anemones(about 30-50). Can anybody tell me if they are good/bad. If they are bad how do I get rid of them?

What color are they? Almost sounds like a mojano. They are tough to get rid of, best bet is to just nuke whatever rock it's on and be done with it

I googled them and that is what they are. They are on every rock in my tank so there is no way I can take out all my rock to kill them. I did read that you can inject them with boiling water to kill them and then syphon them out while doing a water change. Is there anything better to ingect them with?

Kalk paste will also work although you don't want to use too much at one time as kalk will raise PH. Lemon juice will also work but again using too much at one time could cause a problem. Neither option is a bad choice you just don't want to try to get them all at once when you have a significant number. I would go after a portion of them every day until you reduce their numbers then you may be able to cut back to once a week. Good luck.

Mojano wand