Thread: Cheap RO water!

Cheap RO water!

If anybody is in the same boat as me and does not have a RO unit, I found cheap RO/UV water. The West Mifflin Shop-N-Save in Century Square has a dispenser in the store and sell it for $.39 per gallon. I just take up my jugs and fill them up.

Just watch the TDS.

IMO it is still cheaper and more reliable producing RO at home.

it may be cheaper if you have a RO system. I am currently saving for ,having only been back in the hobby for a month. this is alot closer than all LFS. The system has a sticker that it is serviced every two weeks.

I think Walmart sells it a few cents cheaper. I have never used or tested it though.

I have had no problems with shop n save as of now so I don't want to change.

Thanks

There is a greater chance of getting cyano because the water never goes through di media. Cyano consumes metals, along with other things of course, in a system. I know when I replaced my di resin to my rodi, my cyano disappeared. Someone told me they hold the water in metal containers before it is put in stores also. And as another poster said, just check for tds. That's a big issue with store bought water, you don't know when they replace the filter.

I worked at that very store and I think its highly unlikely the upkeep on that machine is being done and knowing what I know about that place I wouldn't trust it.