Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REEFTECH LEDs! Authorized Retailer!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

REEFTECH LEDs! Authorized Retailer!

Hi all,
    We will be carrying ReefTech Led systems. I had an opportunity to choose between Aqua Illuminations, Vertex, ReefKoi and ReefTech. We narrowed it down to ReefTech for a several reasons.

Reef Tech Features:
    -Sunrise to Sundown (Fully controllable)
    -Wheather Days (Cloudy, Rain, Etc.)
    -3 Colors of LEDs Royal Blue, Blue, and White
    -Cree Power Unit (The most Powerful Unit)
    -Wifi & Bluetooth compatible. You can link to your light via wifi with your computer and control it. You can also use your smartphone to connect to it via bluetooth. (Each Sold Separately) (Only aval. for iPhone upon release. Different phone platforms will be coming shortly after release)
    -Another BIG thing is that everything is connected with Molex connectors, if a part needs to be replaced you just unplug the part and plug the new one in! We will be carrying spare parts. These parts will be covered under warranty! You don't have to worry about sending the unit to the factory or anything like that.

These are just a few of the many reasons we chose Reef Tech. We have been in contact with the owner of the company Rafal for over 2 months now and he has been showing us prototypes, software, and many other things. We will be putting a set of these lights on our 120 for display purposes. We also have a PAR meter and a LUX meter if anyone is interested in that. We are looking at about a week for our store displays. We will also be opening up a group buy on Reef2Reef.com.

Last but not least here is their website. http://reeftechled.com/ It says release date of 15 but that got pushed back to the 20th.
    Last edited by AquaWorldPSC; 12-28-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Just have been informed that they are pushed for 2 weeks. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Did you get any of these in yet? They seem incredible but info is still vague on them.

Hi bmiller1234,
    Unfortunately they were not leaving the facility until next week. We are expecting them on the 20th or the 21st at the latest depending on UPS. I should be talking to Rafal (The owner) today about shipping specifics. I will keep you guys updated

We apologize for the delays, we are expecting the fixtures to be here by the end of this week- early next week. We will be the only supplier in PA for these lights as promised by ReefTech. We will be offering a PAR or Lux reading upon request. We will also have posted par readings on both lights. There will be a brand new 400w 20k Radium next to these LED's for PAR and Lux comparison. Unfortunately only myself (Jeff) and Ron are educated about these lights as of right now. Please feel free to contact me to set up a meeting if you are interested in these lights. There have been overwhelming interest in these lights so far.

Thank You,
    Jeff

Has there been any research into coral longevity under these lights, or has it primarily been focused on observed polyp extension, color, and short term observed growth? What I'm talking about is tests of at least a year, since as I've heard with many other LED lights, short term "thriving" corals have been observed, but long-term the technology does not seem to emit something that the corals need to survive.

Hi,
    Longevity under these lights shouldn't be a concern, there have been many documented tanks with LEDs as the main light source for over a year.
    The main things that are concerned with any kind of light is:

PAR: Photosynthetically Active Radiation. The higher end LED system such as a single Reef Tech is guaranteed outperform the PAR readings of a 400w Metal Halide and 8 lamp 39W T-5 HO. So it passes this test.

PUR Photosynthetically Usable Radiation. For coral purposes the PUR should be falling in between 400-550nm which is the absorption bandwidth of chlorophyl. The Solaris LED fixtures tested at 459nm which is in the correct range.

The PUR of a Solaris LED light outperforms the PUR of a XM bulb by 10%

Passes this test also.

Im sure if you dig deep you will be able to confirm my above information.

This link below on a site that we sponsor has some information on longevity.
    http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/led-...only-used.html

I have not heard one bad thing about Big Brand LEDs and longevity. I would figure that if LEDs did not provide sufficient long term lighting for corals, they would not continue advancing the technology of LEDs in our hobby.

We will also be keeping a growth picture journal of our 120 gallon display tank from day one.

If you have any questions please let me know. I will see if I can find any videos or growth journals for us to look at.

Regards,
    Jeff

Jeff, did you get these in yet?

Unfortunately no, hoping for end of next week. Apparently the customs papers took awhile to fill out and sorted out. Rafal (Owner) said that he got the papers done this week. He's by the coast so I would imagine he would get it rather quick. I will keep you guys updated as much as I can. I guess good things you have to wait for ha.

I apologize for the long wait guys!

Thanks,
    Jeff

Just got an e-mail from ReefTech and the units were just signed for and are in stock! We shall be expecting the units on Friday or Early next week! Guaranteed this time We will have them setup on our 120 store display ASAP.

Thanks for all that have been bearing with us and Reeftech for the wait on these units. Please accept our apologies.

Thanks,
    Jeff