Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24x24x12 build

24x24x12 build

In short, i moved back from Florida and could not wait to get another tank up and going. After some shopping around i decided to go with a deep blue rimless low iron tank.

I put a picture of the old tank in, miss it. But i started the build off with some pine 1x lumber. Then attached some veneer wood to the outer edges.

problems with uploading so the order is a little off

I stained it then put some polyurethane on it, cut out the top for the overflow. And then couldnt wait to get some rock in it and get the sump in which is a 10 gallon. Skimmer is an eshopps that is way oversized but i had it.

I got the sand from Craig at Saltwater Sanctuary, i ordered some sand and an ecotech mp10es from him. I also ended up getting some base rock from Craig yesterday. If you have not got a chance check out his facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saltwater-Sanctuary/109051775858744> He was great to deal with and very knowledgeable.

rock time

Got some rock in. By the way i went with seachem salinity salt (we shall see how that goes, im used to using tropic marin). and finally got an ecotech.

Sand finally settled

picture with the sand all settled. i now need a nice piece of live rock to get things going.

Im still waiting on my lights that i ordered from aquastyleonline. Not real happy with the length of time its taking to ship, although they did admit some fault and threw in some extra led's.

where did you get the tank? I have been thinking about that tank to put up..I really like the dimensions of it

oddball pets over in baldwin ordered for me and cost right around 200 and it is drilled and came with the plumbing.

Looking good Neil! Sand and rocks turned out nice for the shallow footprint.