Thread: Aquarium Fish International

Question Aquarium Fish International

I was wondering if anyone currently has a subscrption to Aquarium Fish International, and what you think of it. I can get 12 issues for $13 from Amazon, which is an amazing price. The question is, is it worth my time? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

PMASI Board Member
    Its an ok magazine, but if you are looking for a great all around Saltwater go with Coral Magazine. Its more but worth it.

Also if you are a masna member you can get a 1 year of Aquarium Int'l for 11$

AFI is a fine magazine, but fairly light on reef stuff. It aims to be accessible to aquarists of all levels, which ends up meaning that half of the material is stuff you already know. If, additionally, you don't care about freshwater then it's probably not worth subscribing. CORAL is a great magazine.

PMASI Member
    I found the web site and just registered.
    Last edited by high-mark; 01-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    [EMAIL="gswiech@gmail.com"]gswiech@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Coral magazine also has an iPhone/iPad app and puts their new issues up about 2 weeks after they come out. It's free for the app.

Wow. Thanks for all the great feedback! I think I am going to give it a try, as I had been out of the freshwater hobby for so many years, that I'm sure I could use a refresher course as I get back into it in earnest. I would also like to give Coral Magazine a try if anyone knows of a good deal out there for it. I think the price I saw was upwards of $60 for 5 issues.

Thanks again for your comments, and I hope to see many of you at the meeting in a few weeks!

I should mention that if anyone has any old fish magazine issues they'd like to get rid of, I'd be glad to take them off of your hands for you. Since I have been living out of the country for the past 5 years, I have a lot of catching up to do!

PMASI Board Member
    Coral magazine is only 37$ for a year which i think is 6 issues.
    http://www.coralmagazineus.com/

Tropical Fish http://www.tfhmagazine.com/is a decent one.

I have a few back issues of each I can bring you to the meeting

That would be great! Thanks!