Thread: Aiptasia and the Cooperbanded Butterfly

Aiptasia and the Cooperbanded Butterfly

My wife's tank has been sprouting some Aiptasia for awhile now and we've been keeping it at bay with Aiptasia X and the zapper. It got to the point that those difficult to get to were multiplying so we put in a CBB. Eradication took two weeks and he is eating frozen food too ......... !

Very nice! Where did u get the cbb from?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LiveAquaria - We also bought a red mandarin and peppermint shrimp for her tank then two 6 lines, two peppermint shrimp, and a foxface hawk for the frag tanks.

BTW ....... I also have an asteria star outbreak going on in my tank so
    I bought a harlequin shrimp for my 90. When he came I thought he was much to small for my tank so I put him in one of the frag tanks. I netted some stars out and put them in the frag tank for him. He was eating one within the hour of introducing him. He's doing his job too!
    Last edited by big dog; 12-29-2011 at 05:03 PM.

PMASI Member
    My harlequin shrimp are keeping my asteria star's at bay too, great investment. I have very flew aiptasia's the 12 peppermint shrimps are helping out with that issue.
    [EMAIL="gswiech@gmail.com"]gswiech@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

They are such cool inverts. We have a pair at Elmers and they are one of my fav. Things to watch while im there. Almost make me want to set up a manor lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Anyone want to bring their aptasia infected rock and watch it be destroyed? We have yet to put a piece of rock in the tank and not have it eradicated in minutes ..............

Anyone want a boatload of asteria stars to feed to their shrimp? I, too, have an outbreak, but I am afraid that a harequin shrimp wouldn't last 5 minutes in my tank!

Does anyone know anything else that will eat those pesky stars?