Thread: iPhone apps???

iPhone apps???

Does anyone have any cool favorite or must have apps that are hobby related?

PMASI Board Member
    No... There are a few out there for recording tank stats, but really who uses their phone over the tank? Ok i might but its just as easy to write down and put in excel.

Seachem has an app called Dose that helps you put in parameters to know what and how much of their product to add to increase/decrease stuff

There is a fish compatibility app that is ok for pictures but useless as its limited in fish

Agree with dave, not really a whole lot out there unless you have an apex system them their app is nice

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm using the RealVNC app ($10) on my iphone to monitor the MyReef software running for my Reefkeeper.

I also have webcams that I can monitor from that.

The only thing missing is e-mail alerts, but I think I might use a free security system application to trigger an e-mail alert whenever the reefkeeper makes a sound (such as when it is beeping when an alert is triggered)

I use the Apex / ACIII app. on my Droid - absolutely love it, I can control my tank from my phone where ever I may be..

PMASI Board Member
    I have been playing with one that is pretty good outside a few small bugs, it has a lite version to play with. I use it at the store to keep track of tanks and changes to see how well it works and there are a few issues with reminders not all popping up when you are not in the app plus it needs a desktop versi

AquaPlanner
    http://www.alliatek.com/mobile/aquap.../features.html

i havent had any luck with logs or anything for your aquarium but there is a great forum app called aquarium advice. that and aquaplanner but it isnt that good of an app.