Thread: Breeding Clownfish

Breeding Clownfish

My clownfish are starting to clean off a spot under their anemone's tenticles. This would be good, if I was ready for it. Instead, it's a bit of a panic and rush.

First, the short list. I have: 1 55 gallon aquarium completely empty, live rock rubble

Now, the long list: I don't have rotifers, knowledge on how to raise rotifers, knowledge on how to raise clownfish, or anything else I may need.

My plans at this point are to possibly order rotifers and phytoplankton (I'd prefer a proven variety if anyone has some spares) from rotifers.com, pull the eggs from the tank by siphoning them with a hard air hose, and hope it all works. More research is obviously needed on my part.

If anyone can help, please post here or call me at 412-874-8438 any day after 5:00 PM. I'll also be at the meeting on the 24th, but that may be too late to get set up.

Thanks,
    Steve

The best advice is to just leave everything be until you are ready to tackle this head on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

While I admit that this caught me a little off guard and my prep time isn't as much as I'd like it to be, I'm definitely ready to tackle this head on. For everything that I've bought wild-caught in the past that has died, I can't just stand by and not give these clownfish a chance.

Hi Steve -

Go to mbisite.org - there is a lot of good info there. Also, the book "The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes by Matthew Wittenrich is easy to read and very helpful. Like George said, leave things be until you're prepared!

Amanda