Thread: Macro Lens

PMASI Member

Macro Lens

Well lets face it I am not liking the pictures I am getting from my tank and no little of photography equipment. Love my camera, cannon eos rebel xsi. Looking for a lens for this this camera that will allow me to get the close up pictures. Anyone have any suggestions of a good macro lens they are using. I realize these are really expensive and will be an investment in a few months from now, just want some input of someone that uses them currently.

Thanks
    Bobby

Hi Bobby,
    We shoot with an Cannon 50D and switch between a EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM and a EF 28-135 IS USM.

In your case I would go with an 100mm Macro Lens, either the IS or Non-IS should work. If you plan on using a tripod the Non Image Stabilizer is all you need. If you plan on shooting freehand the IS is a must.

You can goto this link to see some pics that we have taken with the Macro lens, (would post them here but unfortunately photobucket isn't working right now)
    http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/phot...s-my-dslr.html

PMASI Member
    Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. By the way the pics look great and I cant wait to get this now. Guess half my paycheck is gone on friday.