Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is my 3rd tank a upgrade

If I keep talking to Greg, I'll be doing a bigger setup in my garage ..................

Nice work!

PMASI Member

Front of tank and aiptasia zapper

The image is the front of my new tank also I'm having some issues with aiptasia control. So with the help of Greg (Big Dog) Mallory and his aiptasia zapper, invented by Paul Baldassano (2nd image zapper in action). This device sends a electric current and kills the aiptasia, it begins to bubble profusely with the anemone disentigrating and floating away with the bubbles in a white sticky mess. Seems to work well.

Great pictures and continued good luck! Looks like the tangs are doing well too .............

I think I'll stick to the more conventional methods of aiptasia eradication, been hit too many times by electricity in/around my fish tanks. Still, it's a very interesting idea and if it works...great. Obviously he has extensive safeguards in place to keep things from getting out of hand.

PMASI Member
    I've been using the zapper, however some I just can't reach so I've ordered 10 Berghia Nudibranchs from Reeftown. http://reeftown.com/ They will be here Friday. I'll keep you posted with the results.
    [EMAIL="gswiech@gmail.com"]gswiech@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

PMASI Member
    In defense against Aiptasia I introduced 12 Berghia Nudibranchs to eliminate my outbreak. The Zapper did not reach all the Aiptasia so I went the natural way. Berghia Nudibranch is nature’s way of cleaning this pest up; there sole diet is aiptasia anemones. I’ll keep you posted with the results

I tried those- ( 3) but never saw them again. Await you results. getting some peppermints tomorrow.

PMASI Member

New addition to my fish room

I had a water test done at http://www.aqua-medic.com/aquariumwa...ing.html#1test
    and my phosphates were getting high .29 so I added a phosphates reactor and turned my old Kold-Steril unit into a carbon reactor. A week later .06 on the phosphates
    Last edited by high-mark; 09-02-2011 at 01:18 AM.