Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: dosing pumps

Great info - thank you two. This sounds like my ticket to a little freedom from dosing

Bmiller - did you purchase your kangaroo from reefdosingpumps as well? or is it a model 324? The reason I ask is I e-mailed Stan Furman (who is also the e-mail contact for www.innovativeaquatics.com) and he is saying a modification will be needed. Did you have to mod yours?
    Ray - do you have any experience with the two channel tubing?
    here is the e-mail
    "Hi, I am interested in the Two-Channel tubing sets to dose 2part solution to my reeef. I currently have a Kangaroo 324 and noticed its not listed. Will it work

(A-)If your Kangaroo 324 has a disabled drip detector, then the only problem is a mechanical one of fitting the 2-channel set onto the pump. I've modified my pumps to accept the 2-channel set, and I suspect you could do the same to yours.

If yours still has a drip detector, then it's a much longer road.

Hope this helps

I actually bought rays other pump so its the same one your getting. The "modification" is where the tubing sits since its designed for one large plastic tubing holder and the dual channel set is two smaller plastic pieces you need to real lightly file a flat spot where the tubing goes so it stays put. my tubing sits in place without issue and has been running strong for a solid 6 months.

Well that's simple enough, for some reason I was thinking it would be more involved.
    Thank you

Bmiller, you said that you dose approx. ml per day, is that what the dosing pump is set to (ie 2 or 3 ml per hour) or is that actual? We picked up ours at that meeting last night (thanks George) and purchased the duel tubing set. I have it set to 3ml per hour (72ml per day). What I don't know is the duel tubing is the same size as what the actual doser is calibrated for.

Mike

No the dual channel does not dose the same amount. I dose approx 50 ml a day and mine is set at 18ml per hour. thats an approx measure. Start it low and test your alk and cal and see if it drops raises or stays same and adjust from there. You said you were dosing around 70 a day before so 15 ml per hour on machine would be a good starting point. and then test each day and adjust accordingly till it maintains.

Excellent, I marked the containers so I could track it, I just wasn't sure where to start.......

Thank you,