Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dosing pumps

dosing pumps

Hello, what is everyone using for dosing pumps these days? I currently have an aqua medic SP3000 and am tired of replacing the main tubing. It is just to unreliable. Anyway I'm looking at BRS's pump. Any experience with pumps. Any other pump suggestions?

Thanks

From what I have read the brs dosing pumps are very reliable. I am considering using them as well

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I read the same. I just hate to spend a couple hundred dollars and end up with the same issues. Its always the hose is leaking, or not lined up with the roller properly or just plain back feeding even though I have tried every 1 way valve that I could find. Currently I'm dosing kalk, 1gal thru the night (automated), which is the evaporation rate & keeps the pH steady. Also manually dosing 70cc's of BRS 2part in the afternoon. If I get the BRS pumps I'll just dose 2 part and stop the kalk since that pump is the issue. I noticed that BRS pumps only dose 1.1ml per minute. That's great for 2 part but not for the amount of kalk/make up water.

PMASI Board Member
    The BRS pumps come pretty highly rated by everyone that uses them and I do not hear the normal complaints of leaking.

Kangaroo comes in second

I had great luck with the Kangaroo dosing pumps. You can usually find them on ebay for around $60. They are very easy to modify to work with a reef tank, you only have to solder two wires. I have done probably 10 of them over the years.

Also look for a used litermeter. I have 2 of the originals and one newer one. I use them for kalk water top off. You can usually find a used litermeter (older, non digital) for under $100 on reef central.

Thanks for all of the replies, I'm leary on used equipment only because of the problems I am currently having. Something would go wrong with my luck lately. I called BRS to order the 50ml & 1.1ml only to find out the 50 is on BO! I tried calling atlantis but no answer & his VM is full .
    I forgot how much a pain it is to manually dose! Hopefully the BRS pumps are worth the wait

PMASI Board Member
    Atlantis has gone out of business about a year ago.

Yes. Atlantis has been gone for a while. But I heard he still sells stuff out of his house

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well that stinks - I do remember reading that on RC know that you mention it......

I wouldn't worry about buying a used kangaroo. They are medical equipment and last forever.