Thread: Octopus

Red face Octopus

Has anyone had experience with them? Any pointers or tips, I have done a good bit of research but personal experience I think is the best! Thank you for anyone that can give good pointers!

PMASI Member
    I have the ReefOctopus REGAL Space Saving Skimmer REGAL-250SSS and It replaced a BubbleKing Supermarin 200 Internal. I replaced it because the red dragon pump went on it, and when I was cleaning the collection cup I drop it.
    It was cheaper to replace then repair the skimmer plus it was a little undersize for my tank. I'm very happy with the Reef Octopus it's has a 10" collection cup that is very easy to clean, it also has a gate valve which between the valve and the DC pump controller it's a breeze to find tune and it takes up very little space in my sump.
    Personally I think it's the best value on the market.
    [EMAIL="gswiech@gmail.com"]gswiech@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

PMASI Member
    I think she may mean tentacles and suction cups not pumps and collection cups! I am pretty sure octopi along with most other cephalopods need a species only tank. They will eat almost anything else you would put in with it. Also they are not very long lived and suffer a rather sad death consisting of them going through whats called Senescence. : lack of feeding, retraction of skin around
    the eyes, uncoordinated movement, increased undirected activity, and white
    unhealing lesions on the body.

I was so excited I found him today. He are three of the four ghost shrimp and he is back in his normal hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk