Thread: Looking for (empty) aquarium donation for a school for the underprivledged

Looking for (empty) aquarium donation for a school for the underprivledged

A very good friend of mine is teaching biology at a school in a very economically depressed part of Appalachia, KY and has expressed interest in setting up a 30-55 gallon aquarium for his students. He has gotten some funding for the project, but not nearly enough for a new set-up! While I have plenty of aquariums to go around, I don't have any this size to offer him! If you are willing to donate one, please contact me ASAP OR if you have any equipment, gravel, etc. for a FRESH WATER aquarium, you can just bring it to the meeting on Sat., as I will be going down to KY for a visit it 2 weeks.

Donations are tax-deductible! Thanks!

I have one to donate. Unfortunately it is very heavy due to the glass thickness. Just let me know if interested.

The overall dimensions (l x w x h):

- Old one: approx. 48.5” x 13” x 20.75” (1230 x 330 x 530 mm), glass thickness approx. 3/8” (!) 10 mm
    Last edited by hsae; 01-17-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Thank you for the offer, but because of the odd dimensions, I think it would be difficult to find a stand for it. And it needs to be light enough for middleschoolers to carry. I appreciate your willingness to collaborate, though!