Thread: New Member Intoduction!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Member Intoduction!!

Good Evening All,
    I just joined the PMASI today and wanted to introduce myself. I just moved to the Pittsburgh area a couple months ago. Im excited to be apart of this group and attend meetings and swaps. I think the forums are great and look forward to leaning much more about the reefing hobby.

PMASI Member
    welcome to the club

Grapeville PA
    Howdy welcome!

Freedom PA
    Welcome. Tell us about your setup.

Thanks All!! I currently have a 75 gallon reef tank w/ built in overflow and a 20 long sump. Mag 9 return pump. Cheapo Instant Ocean Protein skimmer (which works awesome) ha. I have 2 hydor circulation pumps (1200, and 750gph's). Also running a GFO reactor which I just setup last week. 6 bulb VHO t5's lighting (3 actinic, 3 white). Controlled with an Neptune Apex....

Good stuff. Welcome to the board. I love my apex. I got the junior with just the basics right now. What modules are you using?

I have the apex lite. I have the eight outlets full already and all programmed. I also have the breakout box with my ATO hook up. I just ordered a magnetic switch for my sump door to program my sump light to come on wheni open the door. Should be here tomorrow. Next will be the water leak detection....
    The programming took some getting used to but now I can't stop thinking of new programs..ha

Very cool!

The programming is a little strange. I wish they included a unit testing option. Ha.

I'm saving up my pennies for the salinity module next. I have a tunze osmolator, but am considering switching my ATO to the apex.