PDA

View Full Version : Macroalgae!

BBoley24
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Does anyone have any Macro to spare!? If you want a frag ill throw one your way!

hsae
12-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes, I want to get rid of my Caulerpa (prolifera & taxifolia) and I do have some Chaeto

BCooey
12-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Halimeda - a cluster a little over a softball in size. You can have as much of it as you want if you have a pick up truck and can transport a steel aquarium stand from my place in Charleroi to the welder's shop in West Newton. It won't fit in my Cooper!

BBoley24
12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Hahaha! I have a crown victoria! hsae... where are you located?

hsae
12-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Murrysville, are you coming to the meeting?

kovfunk22
12-08-2012, 12:49 PM
i will bring some chaeto to the meet

jer77
12-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I too have Halimeda to trade. It is the species that produces roots aka a rhizome to attach to rocks and bury into the sand. Its not the encrusting type. I think its easy to grow with high Ca levels. I like it more than Caulerpa and even Chaeto. I would consider trading some, even attached to some LR for other types of macro and of course any type of frag, even caulerpa, preferably prolifera, mexicana, aka blade and feather types. I despise the grape types that are just impossible to control once they take hold on the rockwork. I could use chaeto, gracilaria, but I've been searching for what I really love: Udotea and Penicillus and Rhipocephalus aka mermaid's fan, shaving brush and pinecone macro. I seem to like the calcareous types the best.