PDA

View Full Version : Free bangaii cardinal and flame hawk

needmorecowbell
09-13-2012, 06:34 PM
If there is anyone coming to the meeting Saturday that can take these fish please tell me. I am running very low on money and feel like making my tank coral only would cut down on the cost greatly. If I can't find anyone, they will be going to one of our many amazing pet stores. I'm sad to see them go, but as a social 15 year old, this just isn't working out right now. Both are healthy and not aggressive whatsoever. I would give them out as a raffle to help the club, but I feel it would be a bit irresponsible of me. If you have any questions, please ask, thanks.331332

AHDOnline
09-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Many people have donated fish to the raffle, I wouldn't feel it being irresponsible as only people that can care for the animals should put in for them.

needmorecowbell
09-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Many people have donated fish to the raffle, I wouldn't feel it being irresponsible as only people that can care for the animals should put in for them.

I was thinking more of the scenario that no one bids and someone is stuck with them. If that's alright with the club, then in perfectly fine with it.

AHDOnline
09-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah that makes sense. I wasn't persuading you either way (smile) but those are both two pretty desirable fish.

needmorecowbell
09-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah that makes sense. I wasn't persuading you either way (smile) but those are both two pretty desirable fish.

Lol it's alright, I'll be getting more fish when I can afford it... If no one offers, would you take it? They are very healthy right now, I just need to save some money.

hybridazn
09-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Not trying to hijack this thread, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to make your tank a fish only as opposed to a coral only tank? I mean on just maintenance costs alone it will be a better money saver than food for the fish.

needmorecowbell
09-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Not trying to hijack this thread, but wouldn't it be more cost effective to make your tank a fish only as opposed to a coral only tank? I mean on just maintenance costs alone it will be a better money saver than food for the fish.

Feel free to hijack anything from me, as long as its gonna help someone learn. I thought about it, but I just love corals way too much. They are much more interesting to me than fish and I couldn't part with the sps I have collected over the year. Most of them are encrusted anyways.

I'm not worried as much with food as I am with water changes. I'll only need to replenish my levels, not much nutrient export. I might by an invert or two so my tank isn't dull, but I won't be doing many water changes. The reason im doing this is because I broke my rodi unit. I then tried to buy a replacement piece for it, and it turned out to be the wrong one as well.

fishies7
09-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I'd be glad to take the bangaii off of your hands for you! I just lost my male last week, so with any luck yours is a male and they would pair up....:) But if they are already spoken for in the raffle, I will understand...

fishies7
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM
P.S. Don't say I didn't warn you about the hawkfish! :p

fetta
09-14-2012, 08:17 AM
been looking for bangaii.....i'll take or ill just bid for it too.........lol

amandacox
09-14-2012, 09:24 PM
If no one has claimed the flamehawk, I'll take it! Have a 210 it should be pretty happy in :)

needmorecowbell
09-14-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm so happy I have all of these responsible people to care for them. I will be helping out the club by putting them in the raffle since there is more than one person who wants the fish. Thanks for being awesome everyone haha.

amandacox
09-15-2012, 08:49 AM
We appreciate your raffle donations!