PDA

View Full Version : Ro/di

bkHunt74
09-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Well I finally go a RO/DI unit today!!!! I got a Vertex 100gpd Deluxe. I like it so far. Unit has a built in booster pump, pressure guage and a computer the monitors TDS and does an automatic backwash of the RO filter. No more hauling water from the LFS or Shop-N-Save!!

Got the unit all hooked up and holding barrels made but one has a tiny drip just a few drops over the 30 test time I used. I will be getting some silicone to seal around the bulkheads. Is there any special type I would need to use?

Now for the really stupid question. I use the RO water from the grocery store kiosk for my Keurig. Can I use the RO/DI water I am now making?

I will post a photo on my water storage once I am all finished setting it up.

Brian

bmiller1234
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Congrats on the rodi.

Silicone rarely seals a bulkhead it typically just makes a mess. Try loosening tightening repositioning etc to get a proper seal. You do have the gasket in flange side not thread side correct?

You don't want to use rodi for a kuerig. Regular RO water still has stuff in it but rodi is stripped water and tastes really bad. Has almost a dry taste

bkHunt74
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
The gasket is on the outside with the flang. I will try to get it a little tighter tomorrow when I get home from work.

AHDOnline
09-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Sometimes over tightening is worse. If its still leaking take it off, wipe down the gasket to make sure that nothing is on it and wipe down the barrel and then reseal hand tight but not too much

I agree that silicone is the last step if a step at all, but sometimes can be a quick fix that breaks later.