PDA

View Full Version : Group buy on Reef Crystals!

fishies7
09-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi. Has anyone else seen the post about the group buy on Reef Crystals for $45 a box? It is under the Elmer's section. If you use this salt, please place your order soon. This seems like a great opportunity to me, but we are still far from the 30 box minimum! Thanks!

pghsymbioticman
09-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for posting this information, but this is not a great opportunity unless a portion of the profits made on the merchanidse are going to PMASI. I understand this supports the LFS, but you can purchase the item at Drs. Foster and Smith for $48.99 (spend a penny more and you get free shipping, delivered to your front door). It would cost me more than $4.00 in fuel to drive to pick up the salt.

AHDOnline
09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Maybe not to you but the members appreciate these offers and prefer to support locally over online retailers. Elmer's has supported the club for years and any time we can make an offering such as this we are going to, and unfortunately you can't make everyone happy.

The salt is normal retail of over 53$ at best so a local price of 45$ is not a bad price.

jerpa
09-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Maybe not to you but the members appreciate these offers and prefer to support locally over online retailers.

+1

I can't drive to Dr. Foster's and Smith's when my tank busts a seam, or my return pump fails. I prefer to support the LFS so when I NEED a local resource they are there for me. Even at the cost of a few dollars.