PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip CORA frag swap Sept. 16th 2012

hybridazn
08-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Hello all. Planning for our next PMASI trip is in progress. It will be to the 2012 All-Ohio CORA Frag Swap on Sept. 16 2012!!

Below is the schedule for the day:

Meet at the parking lot of Panera Bread in Monroeville PA
Depart from Monroeville no later than 8:00am
Arrive at the swap by 11:45am
Leave swap around 3:00pm
Meet at Reef Systems at 3:30pm
Leave Reef Systems by 5:00pm
Leave for Lunch/Dinner
Leave for Monroeville

Have the benefit of a great swap and share stories with other fellow reefers! Hope to see you there!

Please post below if you are able to attend and how many people you will be bringing.

Also indicate if you are able to be a driver for the event. Drivers will be reimbursed by PMASI for participating in the whole trip and have a full vehicle( van, suv).

We will also cover the cost to get into the swap.

Also don't forget to register on www.fragswapper.com !!

The stop at Reef Sytems should be a go, but I will call them tomorrow when they are open just to make sure that they will be there and everything will be fine with us stopping closer to their closing time.

Addresses for both stops:

Fragswap:

Columbus Grotto Temple Co
3790 Agler Road, Columbus, OH 43219

Reef Systems:

Reef Systems Coral Farm, Inc.
8459 Peter Hoover Rd
New Albany Ohio, 43054

Attendees:
Hybridazn +1
AHDonline +1 (D?)
Fishies7
Edzo +1(D)
Grice

bkHunt74
08-31-2012, 02:43 AM
Wish I could go saw some nice stuff on frag swapper.

hybridazn
08-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Reef systems is a go for the trip. I just got off the phone with the owner and he says that he is planning on having a nice sale that weekend so it should be a good time!

http://www.reefsystems.com/

fishies7
09-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Count me in! Although, unfortunately my husband has to work that day and won't be able to drive. :( Anyone have room for me?

bkHunt74
09-06-2012, 09:54 AM
is anybody going that lives close to the Allegheny County Airport? I can't make it but would like to see if somebody would be willing to pick up a few frags for me.

Brian

hybridazn
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Fishies: so far we haven't had anyone commit to driving, but we will make whatever work out! So don't worry about a ride

Bkhunt: sorry bud I live in Westmoreland county, but if you can meet up in monroeville after we return I can pick stuff up for you. Let me know

edzo
09-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi, I joined recently and plan on making the trip. I'm excited to go, have been reading a lot about it. Looking forward to meeting some of you, see you Sunday!

fishies7
09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Welcome, edzo! It's going to be a great time. Have you even been to a frag swap? Make sure to check out the postings on fragswapper.com if you want to reserve some stuff.

See you then!

edzo
09-11-2012, 11:58 PM
I have not so I hope my wallet is prepared! Thanks for the advice, I will check it out. My girlfriend has become hooked on coral collecting as well and will be joining me. I will have plenty of room if anyone would like to carpool with us, more then welcome.

hybridazn
09-12-2012, 01:21 PM
ok sounds like we have a decent group wanting to go out. I will keep a list of attendees in the first post and update it when more ppl commit to going.

GRice
09-12-2012, 05:53 PM
road trip sounds good, count me in.

amandacox
09-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Don't forget to wear your PMASI shirts!! :D

AHDOnline
09-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Amanda and I are up in the air at this point, it depends on how the next few days pan out

fishies7
09-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Dave, if you don't go, what are we going to do about a second driver? Any other volunteers to drive out there?

hybridazn
09-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Edzo is driving and I will be too it seems so we should be good. Edzo also said that if anyone who is riding with him wants to bring a movie he will play it.

Thanks Ed!

hybridazn
09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
I talked to the owner of reef systems and he said they are having a 20% off all livestock except the big clam.

edzo
09-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Edzo is driving and I will be too it seems so we should be good. Edzo also said that if anyone who is riding with him wants to bring a movie he will play it.

Thanks Ed!

Looking forward to it, I will be @ Panera by 740. If anyone would like my phone number please pm me and I will give it to you.

hybridazn
09-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Look for a red Hyundai veloster, that will be me

hybridazn
09-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Had a fun time at the swap!! Can't wait for the next one!!

fishies7
09-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, thanks to all who went...I had a great time!

Will we be participating in any other swaps between now and LEAR in Feb?

bkHunt74
09-17-2012, 05:36 PM
There are swaps Oct 6 and 7 that are in central PA

hybridazn
09-17-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't think we will be attending anymore swaps this year. The two coming up are almost 5 hours away and are the weekend after macna which 4 of our board members will be attending. Plus add in the swap we just attended, that adds up to a lot of stuff in a very short amount of time. If you guys want please feel free to attend these swaps and enjoy them. We as a whole though agreed that sponsoring swaps so close together wasn't in the best interest of the club.

As for other swaps after those two, nov. thru feb is usually a very slow time for swaps because of weather conditions. Although I have heard that there could be a swap sometime in nov but nothing is concrete on that yet. I will keep everyone posted about that one. If it happens, I will def. plan a trip for it though.

edzo
09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
We had a great time, thank you all for being so accommodating. I have a TON of amazing stuff from the trip, enjoying watching everything open up and get comfortable. Only one casualty and it was my own fault being to rough getting a small hammer off of a frag that was glued, it split. I will be good for quite I while unless I get a bigger tank!