PDA

View Full Version : LTA vs Powerhead

bkHunt74
08-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Woke up this morning to find my large LTA in the powerhead. The powerhead was 3/4 of the way up in the tank (90g) and the LTA has not moved in months. How it was able to fit in the tiny grate is a mystery its foot was a good 3" across. Does not look good for LTA it is in a cup with some stress guard. Now to find a new grate for my Koralia. Does any body know where I can order parts? I will be doing a water change when I get back home.

TomNeely
08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Try a LFS.

I had a BTA go through a Vortech.....no fun.....

bkHunt74
08-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Looks like it did not get totaly shreaded by powerhead but not looking good for anemone.

Glad a have a spare Koralia here.

should I float anemone in a cup in tank to see how it reacts?

pghsymbioticman
09-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I had a BTA go through the powerhead. It was one upon going in, now it's two and they are doing well. Anemone's are tough creatures. A few reasons it might have moved, current flow, lighting, or something bothering it like a clownfish rubbing on it and irrating it. The other thing, which I am learning and have heard a lot about at the LFS is they need lots and lots of lighting. Not true. My Pacific LTA hates my LED's in my 40g breeder, but it loves the junkie compact florecent in the 14g biocube and so do on my BTAs that were once one and now four. Also, the LFS told me you can't keept BTA and LTA together. That's myth. The Pittsburgh Zoo, AquaWorld, and I am currently doing it with no issues. Your LTA should recover with no issue. Feed it brine or extremely small meaty foods. It should recover with just a few hours of being pulled out of the powerhead.