PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know much about the Maxspect Mazzara P-Series LED modules?

pghsymbioticman
07-27-2012, 08:48 AM
I purchased two Maxspect Mazzara P-series LED module with controller. After countless hours of googling, I am unable to find much information about them online from end user experience. I've talked to people at the LFS and I have gotten two responses, I know nothing about your lighting and have never heard of it or your lighting is junk from China.

I am looking to see if there are other users out there, who have experience with this lighting. Thus far, my experience has been positive.

TomNeely
07-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Never heard of it....

hybridazn
07-27-2012, 04:24 PM
They called it Chinese junk?? Lol ppl shouldn't comment on Stuff if they don't know what they are talking about.

Max spect is a pretty good led light. The controller really looks like it will make it easy to dial in. I have no first hand experience with them but they look like they are on par with the other high end fixtures( ecotech, ai, so on)

Keep us updated on what you think and your settings.

knetz31
07-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Its really funny how ignorant people are. The high end fixtures are all using a cree led and meanwell controllers. I have seen multiple "crappy chinese" units that are using the same cree led's. The important thing about led's is not where it is made, but rather what components are in it.

jerpa
07-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Well it wasn't what they had in their store so of course it was junk....

I've heard mostly good things about the Maxspects, especially the later generations. The complaints I found mostly dealt with the mounting system. I looked into them a bit a little while ago so I don't remember specifics but they are high enough quality that if you are happy with them I wouldn't worry about it.

needmorecowbell
07-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Well it wasn't what they had in their store so of course it was junk....

lol true..

Chinese fixtures have come a very long way over the years. I have one and absolutely love it, although I wish there was a wider color spectrum, but that can always be diyed.

I've heard good things about this fixture also.

pghsymbioticman
07-28-2012, 06:40 PM
The only issue, which I have had with the unit is, the LED's are high power and aren't designed for shallow aquariums like the 40g breeder. I raised mine off the water surface from 6 to 16 inches and have had much better results. I currently use the default program. I don't recommend running the lef's at 100%, you'll burn everything. These lights are working much better than the T5's, I had over a 29 gallon tall.

needmorecowbell
07-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah, on my 30 I have the 120w LEDs 12" above the water. They are at about 25% too. The thing is, LEDs arent enough unless they have more than royal blue and cool white, they need more out of the spectrum ( this is only some fact, a lot of opinion just to let ya know).. That's why I think Maybe led with t5 supplementation is the way to go. Bulbs like Fiji or purple plus have the rest of the spectrum, assuming the spectroscopies advertised are accurate, that we need to get the most color out of the corals we have.