PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Midas Blenny and flame hawkfish

needmorecowbell
05-29-2012, 04:22 PM
I've been looking for these two fish. I tried getting one from wetpets, but they never called back. If anyone has one to sell, I'd like to buy it if your not too far away. Is there anywhere that would sell them for a decent price?

hybridazn
05-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Elmer's usually has them in stock on a fairly regular basis.

needmorecowbell
05-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Alright I'll give them a call, thanks.

needmorecowbell
05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
There's something wrong with their phone numbers, none of them will work. I'm going to try again later..

AHDOnline
05-30-2012, 12:53 PM
You can also view anyone in our sponsors forum, any one of those would be happy to order a fish for you.
http://www.pmasi.org/frm/forumdisplay.php?10-PMAS-Supporters

The number I have for elmers is (412) 372-6535 and they just picked up.

needmorecowbell
05-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I was looking on the website and it was a different number. They picked up when I called with that one, thanks.
They don't have them right now but there's new stock coming in tonight.

I'll check the sponsors if they don't have them, thanks again.

fishies7
05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Try Dave's Aquastock! He had a flame hawk in stock recently...but it's been a weeks since I checked the inventory. (www.davesaquastock.com) But make sure you do your homework before buying a flame hawk. Though they are beautiful, they can kill and eat snails, hermit crabs, and shrimp if memory serves.
Dave already has me down for a midas blenny, too. Great minds think alike! :)

needmorecowbell
05-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Try Dave's Aquastock! He had a flame hawk in stock recently...but it's been a weeks since I checked the inventory. (www.davesaquastock.com) But make sure you do your homework before buying a flame hawk. Though they are beautiful, they can kill and eat snails, hermit crabs, and shrimp if memory serves.
Dave already has me down for a midas blenny, too. Great minds think alike! :)

Well I called today, and I'll definitely be buying from them whenever they come in. Very good prices, I'm excited to go.

Right now my inverts consist of some pesky hermit crabs that like to annoy my corals. I don't think they kill snails though, I'll read up on that.. The snails are doing all the work from what I see. I'm thinking I will be fine with the flame but I am worried because I think my 6 line will be aggressive to it. I'm most likely going to add the midas and hawk at the same time to insure the least amount of stress/ aggression.