View Full Version : Fish tank kings on nat geo

05-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Who else has seen this? Your thoughts on it?

I've seen the first episode and while they did briefly go over quarantine and such I find it really no different from tanked, only less entertaining. I will continue to watch since I think it's the next episode they go to the ORA facility so that could be kind of cool.

05-14-2012, 07:06 PM
I just saw it advertised last night and set my DVR to start recording it. At a minimum you will get to see some interesting ideas and quality fish. I have been watching tanked and enjoy when they go to the whole seller.

05-16-2012, 09:37 AM
You mean someone already stole my idea? I have always wanted to host "Extreme Makeover: Aquarium Edition", going to schools and businesses and making over their pitiful display tanks into something more humane for the fish, a prettier display, and easier to maintain for the owners. When I was living in Belgium and asked a local fish store if they would sponsor something like this on a small scale (local restaurants, salons, Dr. offices, etc.). They loved the idea, but as a small business couldn't afford it.

05-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Anyone else watching it?

I saw the ORA preview on Facebook.

05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
I seen it... I found it to be a lot like "Tanked'. The only difference between the two being that "Tanked" tries to inject humor into the show. I had hoped that "Fish Tank Kings" would cover their tanks more in depth...

That tank behind home plate was cheesy. IMO