View Full Version : New frags

03-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I picked up a few nice frags from Greg (Big Dog) and thought I'd share them with everyone. I've heard it said before, but really the pictures don't do them justice. The bonsai is especially colorful. Also, ignore the algae on the glass.

Blue Staghorn Acro

Bonsai Acro

He was kind enough to frag a large piece of a staghorn that I brought with me using his coral saw. Man that thing was sweet. Definitely need to get me one of those.

For those of you that haven't made it out to see his stuff, I highly recommend it.

big dog
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks a bunch Eric! I just picked up some bright blue acro, rose stylophora, and neospongedes that I need to make room for. Just fragged some peach millepora, rose millepora, and a peach and green acro. Folks are coming this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon if anyone is interested!

03-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Stopped by Greg's pad again to check out the ze new stuff and picked up 6 new frags. Again, you will have to pardon my poor photo skills. I don't have a digital camera, however the camera on the new iPhone is much better than the one on the older model I had.

This first one is the bonsai that I got on my first trip. You can really see the green polyps on this pic compared to the last one.

New arrivals:

You can't tell from the picture, but this guy has beautiful teal polyps.

This here guy has a slightly purple skeleton with bright green polyps

I am especially excited about this echinata. It's got beautiful blues and greens in it

03-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Having trouble ID'ing this one. If anyone can tell from the photo that would be great

You can't really tell from the photo but the main stalk of this acro is green and it fades into blue coralites with lime green polyps

Cream body with light green polyps

I'm still working on learning all of the different names of corals, so you'll have to bear with me on that.

I also snagged a box of reef crystals for a good price while I was there, so once I do a w/c I will take some pictures of my entire tank to share with everybody.

03-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Also, how do I make the photo's larger?

big dog
03-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Thanks again Eric! You, Greg, and Frank can come trade any day .......... ! The last bunch of Sunday's with you guys have been fun for me. Most of the coral I keep has been through trading. Since my return to reef keeping after a extended hiatus, I've found a passion for propagation thanks to Anthony and Adam's teaching at the meetings. My displays are solid but I most enjoy culturing and watching corals grow. Believe me I don't do it for the money, only for subsidy of cost. I've never let anyone leave without a free coral or two.

03-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Greg, I feel confident that I can speak for Greg and Frank when I say we really enjoy coming out to your place. Corals aside, you have one hell of a man cave.

Here are a few more images of frags I got from my last trip. Because I only have the iPhone for taking pictures I couldn't get clear ones of some of the frags. For some of them I had to resort to top-down images b/c of their placement in my tank.

I was so happy with the first bonsai acro, I got another one and placed it on the same rock as the first:

03-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Green Slimer:

03-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Echinata (I'm super pumped about this guy.)

03-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Unhappy staghorn. This guy is real pretty, though you couldn't tell from the images. Light green w/ purple corallites and lime green polyps.

03-27-2012, 11:42 AM
It's a cryin shame that I couldn't capture the true colors of this. It's the Peach/pale green acro w/ purple corallites and blue polyps that Greg mentioned in post #2. Very excited to see this once it grows out a bit.

03-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I almost don't even want to post this one b/c of how far-off it is from it's true color.

03-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Hopefully we can post some images of the pieces that Greg and Frank got soon.

03-27-2012, 11:54 AM

And one of the mutt just for the hell of it:

big dog
03-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the update Eric! Now we need to get Frank to post up some pics.

06-06-2012, 12:08 AM
where you located and what would you charge for a newb that has nothing to offer for trade.