PDA

View Full Version : Pest Aiptasia eating nudibranchs (BERGHIA) for trade/sale

Anthony Calfo
02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
hey y'unz!

I'm culturing Berghia nudibranchs (Aiptasia eaters). I'm open to trading for corals or gear if you have something to suggest. I'm not actually looking for anything in particular. If no trade can be had, I'm game to sell them just the same.

Happy to give a crash course on how to breed them as well (though I ask that you start with reading the article I have online at Reefkeeping magazine)

If you just want to reduce the Aips in your tank, its better to keep the adults in a specimen cup, feed them Aips sparingly each week and harvest thousands of eggs weekly to put in your tank (versus risking adults with powerheads, etc in the display)

I'll be at the meeting this Sat (like most months)

raynist
02-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi Anthony,

Do fish tend to leave these nudi's alone or do I need to be worried about them becoming food?

Do to have a link for your article?

Thanks
Ray

Anthony Calfo
02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Fishes do leave them alone (like most nudis ) but your best bet is to keep a trip of adults in a specimen cup (it can even hang in the tank for warmth) and you harvest their eggs to seed the tanks with. Each adult Berghia can lay a ribbon of 300+ eggs every 48hrs!

I'll dig for an article link when I get back to my desktop or you can google Berghia with my last name.

TomNeely
02-16-2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/ac/feature/index.php

Here is the article. Good read.

raynist
02-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks!

I will take a few. Will not be able to make it tomorrow but I should be around for the next meeting or I could meet you after work on day later next week.

raynist
03-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Anthony, I would like to pick up a few of these. Unfortunately I will miss the meeting again this month (daughters bday party). I could meet you somewhere after work or on my lunch hour one day next week.

I really don't have any coral to trade right now though, but would pay cash.

Thanks
Ray

Anthony Calfo
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks Ray...I've PMed you to see if we can work out a meeting

vadergt
03-12-2012, 07:08 PM
id be willing to pay cash..I have been fighting the Aptasia and take care of the big ones..but I keep seeing little ones popping up all over and getting sick of using aptasia X