PDA

View Full Version : Aiptasia and the Cooperbanded Butterfly

big dog
12-29-2011, 06:56 AM
My wife's tank has been sprouting some Aiptasia for awhile now and we've been keeping it at bay with Aiptasia X and the zapper. It got to the point that those difficult to get to were multiplying so we put in a CBB. Eradication took two weeks and he is eating frozen food too ......... !

hybridazn
12-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Very nice! Where did u get the cbb from?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

big dog
12-29-2011, 04:51 PM
LiveAquaria - We also bought a red mandarin and peppermint shrimp for her tank then two 6 lines, two peppermint shrimp, and a foxface hawk for the frag tanks.

BTW ....... I also have an asteria star outbreak going on in my tank so
I bought a harlequin shrimp for my 90. When he came I thought he was much to small for my tank so I put him in one of the frag tanks. I netted some stars out and put them in the frag tank for him. He was eating one within the hour of introducing him. He's doing his job too!

high-mark
12-29-2011, 11:34 PM
My harlequin shrimp are keeping my asteria star's at bay too, great investment. I have very flew aiptasia's the 12 peppermint shrimps are helping out with that issue.

hybridazn
12-30-2011, 02:16 AM
They are such cool inverts. We have a pair at Elmers and they are one of my fav. Things to watch while im there. Almost make me want to set up a manor lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

big dog
01-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Anyone want to bring their aptasia infected rock and watch it be destroyed? We have yet to put a piece of rock in the tank and not have it eradicated in minutes .............. :)

fishies7
01-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Anyone want a boatload of asteria stars to feed to their shrimp? I, too, have an outbreak, but I am afraid that a harequin shrimp wouldn't last 5 minutes in my tank!

Does anyone know anything else that will eat those pesky stars?