PDA

View Full Version : My water test Summary

high-mark
12-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I have my water test done by AquariumWaterTesting.com attached are my results.

I have 3 concerns my Calcium Alkalinity & Magnesium are low. However my SPS corals are growing nicely. I have a Calcium reactor and my top off runs through my Nilson reactor that has Kalkwasser and Magnesium in it. Should I be concern?
Also my Calcium reactor is a AquaC RX-1 with the coarse media however It's only 1/4 down after running for about 5 months, I cranked it up so will see. Like I said I'm getting a little less growth but I'm happy. My phosphates were high 0.29 but I added the phosphate reactor and the bio pellets, thinking that's over kill and I'm thinking about taking the phosphate reactor off the system, any thoughts. I also use red sea pro salt and I do a 28 gallon water change weekly.

hybridazn
12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
I would re-test those numbers for cal. And alk. Those are really low. And with having two reactors they should be able to keep up better than that with the demand of the corals.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

high-mark
12-12-2011, 03:16 PM
I have the Elos Alkalinity and the Calcium test kit, my numbers are higher, however it's hard to judge the colors, so I started sending them to this service. aquariumwatertesting.com.

I use a AquaC RX-1 Calcium reactor with the coarse media, however It's only 1/4 down after running for about 5 months.
Is that normal?

acesnales
12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Greg,

What does your pH run? I agree with George that those numbers are suspect given your calcium and kalkwasser reactors. If your pH is high, Calcium, Alkalinity and Mg may be precipitating out in shipping to the testing service.

As for your media consumption, it is hard to say what is "normal". Maybe if someone has the same size reactor, they could let you know what they use.

Adam

high-mark
12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I need to refill my PH test kit. I will pick up another one I was using a Elos kit, whats your thoughts on test kits?