PDA

View Full Version : calcium reactor with broken union

EricB
06-30-2011, 07:18 PM
I was given an Octopus CR-140 calcium reactor and was going to set it up today, however when I was moving it around one of the plastic unions broke. I will get a picture of the piece I'm talking about later. I tried contacting the original seller but have yet to hear back. Does anyone know where these parts can be found?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Buttenfield

acesnales
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Eric,

Send me a pic or bring the unit (or just the part if possible). If it is a standard pluming size union, it should be easy to replace. You may have to cut it and use couplers to put a new one in. It might look a little funny, but it will function as good as new.

Adam

EricB
07-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Adam, thanks for the reply. Here are some images I snapped with my phone. You will have to excuse the poor quality.
This is the union that snapped:

It attaches to this elbow:

And the top of the pump:

I am interested to see the effect of adding this reactor to my system, however I'm still a bit foggy on how they work and on adjusting the flow rate.

EricB
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
^I dont know how that last image got posted, but that's the elbow that can no longer attach to the pump. I've tried e-mailing the company several times to no avail. I will try calling them on Monday to see if they can send me a replacement.