PDA

View Full Version : What happened on R/C

acer
03-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Did I misread the mods statement regarding BBoley? Sounds like a threat to all of us - "stopping in from time to time" - wow - BIG brother is watching - hopefully I am overreacting/misinterpreting. What happened anyhow?

BCooey
03-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I *knew* I shoulda kept a copy of BBoley's post.

Basically, BBoley posted a detailed message about his exceptionally poor experience with Petswarehouse.com customer service on some expensive items.

AHDOnline
03-17-2011, 10:08 PM
We don't need to bring the entire thing over here guys, so keep it simple and clean please.

All of us understand the mods over there, but no need to start anything else.

AHDOnline
03-17-2011, 10:09 PM
and yes he does sound pretty heavy handed... Im trying to talk to them now

mikesin
03-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I totally understand what your saing Dave, But quite honestly RC is quickly loosing my interest, especially when this forum is available, nice job :)

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 12:12 AM
They are{********************************************** *********} we just don't need anyone else banned over there for something stupid like over moderation.

The forums here are open, lightly moderated, and free to use by anyone.

(post moderated by me)

hybridazn
03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Yea they do become nazi-mods quickly but its best to just ignore them and keep doing what we do.

EDIT: i just tried to get on RC but cant, i am assuming i got banned???? can anyone see if they can get some info on this for me, if i was i would like an explaination since i feel i did nothing wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 09:58 AM
hybridazn
Registered Member.

Looks like you are fine to me. :D

acer
03-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Ya, I suppose best to not make a big deal about it- but really ......Especially since it is overall great forum, it is free, etc. Hopefully we can get this forum used more and be less dependent on R/C

raynist
03-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Funny, they deleted the mod started thread 'Hello pittsburgh' too.

acer
03-18-2011, 11:55 AM
good - HE, the mod, was out of line- no matter what BBoley did- you cant hold all of the forum responsible and actually threaten us. BBoley must have hit a sore spot somehow with him.

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah I "Diplomatically" raised awareness to the entire issue and explained it was out of line. I am glad they took it down

hybridazn
03-18-2011, 01:37 PM
I cannot get on rc. It keeps saying I do not have sufficent privilege to access this page. Can u ask a mod what is goin on for me dave? I tried logging out then logging back in but didn't work

EDIT: I just got on when signed in as guest. If the mods are messing with me I really don't appreciate it since I did nothing wrong

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Oddly it shows you are currently signed into RC

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Last Activity: Today 12:35 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Index Reef Central Online Community

Are you sure there isnt something up with the tapatlk client? I have had to reset mine once before.

hybridazn
03-18-2011, 02:45 PM
It does the same on my computer as well. Odd

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I would then try the forgot password link next. See if it will clean its act up that way

hybridazn
03-18-2011, 05:10 PM
I reset th password on my browser and it still says I am not allowed to access page. Ugh this is frustrating

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 05:14 PM
sorry. Try that again.

Can you access anything on RC logged in as you?

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
does sound like you got a ban or suspend though.

hybridazn
03-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Nope nothing. If I got banned or suspended I would like to know why. I thought if u did get banned they sent u an email explaining why, which I never received. I can't even do enough on the site to ask admin what is goin on

AHDOnline
03-18-2011, 05:44 PM
http://reefcentral.com/forums/sendmessage.php

you can use that to send a message. I dont know what happens when they ban you, but your account doesnt show banned.

I sent a note but the mod I deal with is offline right now

hybridazn
03-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your help dave.

mikesin
03-19-2011, 12:17 AM
so private messages are suppose to remain private, however, since sharing PM's seem to up-set the mods have a look - I think they had a temper tantrum.... SERIOUSLY?
LOL

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear mikesin,

You have received a new private message at Reef Central Online Community from beerguy, entitled "You have received an infraction at Reef Central Online Community".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear mikesin,

You have received an infraction at Reef Central Online Community.

Reason: RC for the win
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 10 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire. Infractions are automated warnings. They can be granted for a number or reasons all relating to Reef Central's standards of conduct. These warnings automatically expire, often in a week or less. 5 infraction points need to be accumulated before any restrictions are placed on your account. If you'd like more information about the details of your infraction, please let me know.

Original Post:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18506256#post18506256

---Quote---
Hello to you Mr. DgenR8, I normally don't post when drama is involved, however, I find your post concerning and honestly, sad. I personally don't like being threatened/watched, especially when I or us as a Pittsburgh community did NOTHING to deserve it. Not to mention I feel like a child from your post. I left that stage of my life some 30yrs ago.

Mike

p.s. PMAS forums for the win.
---End Quote---
All the best,
Reef Central Online Community

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/private.php

All the best,
Reef Central Online Community

Reply Forward

amandacox
03-19-2011, 12:36 AM
PMASI is on double secret probation...lol

AHDOnline
03-19-2011, 12:39 AM
The sad part is what is there really we can do about it? Its what they do and no one is able to put a stop to them

mikesin
03-19-2011, 12:55 AM
I know a lot of us know how RC moderators act, maybe the newer people can see for themselves. Unfortunately your corrrect, we can't do anything about it. I really dont have the time to deal with their ways so I'll probably just find a new forum - no big deal, really.

hybridazn
03-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Wow at least u got somethingto tell u what's goin on. I have NO access to th site, sent them a message asking what's going on and still haven't heard anything.

AHDOnline
03-19-2011, 01:02 AM
reef2reef.com is a great forum for general knowledge, and OF COURSE this one is great for local and other!

I really wish there was something that could be done, if you search on reefcentral on google you will find a lot of negative.

hybridazn
03-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Yea I am offically done with rc. Thy ban u and then don't even tell u why which is how they say they do it. Unless they have a good explaination for this im done.

AquaWorldPSC
04-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Seems like they have always disliked the Pit community for some odd reason. We have been banned 2 times. The first time was because of an ex-employee on our account (couple years ago); 6 months ago I signed up a new account and got in (New ip address) and they banned me within 3 months saying "Signing up a new account was not very bright". I said to myself WOW. Anyways the first time we have gotten banned, me and Paul have tried moving everyone to R2R. R2R is more laid back and will welcome you will open arms. We sponsor R2R over RC for a reason. Hopefully Paul will be able to chime in. This is not the first time they started picking on Pit...

Paul_PSU
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Seems like they have always disliked the Pit community for some odd reason. We have been banned 2 times. The first time was because of an ex-employee on our account (couple years ago); 6 months ago I signed up a new account and got in (New ip address) and they banned me within 3 months saying "Signing up a new account was not very bright". I said to myself WOW. Anyways the first time we have gotten banned, me and Paul have tried moving everyone to R2R. R2R is more laid back and will welcome you will open arms. We sponsor R2R over RC for a reason. Hopefully Paul will be able to chime in. This is not the first time they started picking on Pit...

Jeff let me know about R2R first and when I started going over, I realized how relaxed it was. I was initially banned because I was sending pm's to let everyone know about it. I sent quite a few out and the next day BAM! I was gone...:). I had the same issue like everyone else and Dave is right, it won't change. This is a great forum and I'm glad to see it more active. Everyone is welcome to come over to R2R. I had Rev(owner of R2R his name is David by the way) set us up a club forum when I first started going there but it really never got much action. This past year I was asked to help out and be a mod. I enjoy helping out on the site very much. The Mods are a great bunch of guys and gals and I can tell you that we have a private forum that we have to bring all issue to. We basically all vote on it and decide what should or what needs to be done, that way none of us has a knee jerk reaction and starts swinging the ban stick around prematurely...;) We operate as a group when we deal with issues with members or sponsors. The only thing we can do without asking is delete inappropriate posts and ban spammers or something VERY blatantly over the top. I have yet to ban anyone on R2R besides spammers. I personally like to just send a pm to discuss and hopefully clear up any situation before it escalates to that point. There are tons of great members on there including some very knowledgeable people that have "MOVED ON" from RC. I can tell you when I first got banned from RC I went on R2R and kept venting in threads and had one closed because it got out of hand with the bashing. I never got banned and was just sent a pm to explain why they closed the thread.

So again if you are looking for an alternative to RC, please stop buy and join up, we would love to have everyone as a member....:)