PDA

View Full Version : Reef Breeders LED's

EricB
12-22-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi all! It's been a while since I've made it to any club meets but I plan on coming back in January. My tank crashed and sat dry for about a year and I got around to making changes and getting it wet again about 6 months ago. It's time to start adding corals and I would like to change from MH to LED beforehand. I've read a lot of good reviews on the Reef Breeder Photon LED's but was wondering if any of you have had any first hand experience with them?

bissell295
12-26-2013, 05:21 PM
I've been using a photon32 over my 90 gallon reef for the past six months. I think the fixture is great. It's programmable, adjustable, and you can't beat the price on them.
I'm new to reef keeping so I don't have any difficult to keep corals yet, however I have seen growth on the soft corals I have.
Any other questions I'd be happy to help.

EricB
12-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the reply bissell. I've done the MH thing for a while now. Started with two 250 watts and moved to three 250 watts and heat is definitely an issue in the summer. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and try out two Photon 32's

kovfunk22
12-31-2013, 05:58 PM
I use a 16 over my 20l turned down to 25% . ive held it over my 93 just for shits and giggles and I have to admit it was close to being enough light. very bright.