View Full Version : Looking for a 40 - 50 breeder stand!

big dog
02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Anyone got one laying around (36 x 18)? Send a PM ......... Thanks!

02-07-2011, 05:18 PM

TFP was doing $1/gallon up to 75 gallons. I am not sure if is still going on, plus Lancaster is far enough that you would probably spend more on gas than you would save.

Petco does $1/gal up to 90 gallons when they have a store grand opening.

Outside of sales like the above, Elmer's is consistently the lowest price for tanks in the area. Prices are on their website and I believe the PMASI discount applies.

02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Seahorse also does that with the caveat that you buy an equal amount of equipment. Of course, I think he's looking for a stand, not a tank, in which case I'm not sure that anyone really does that.

big dog
02-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Yepper, that's what the stand is for ........ a Petsmart 40 bought on the buck a gallon deal .......... :). I made a quick open stand but I'm wanting to convert it to a sump filter and not visible. BTW .......... anyone ever drilled a operating tank or at least without disturbing the sand bed? I don't want to go through a cycle, it houses corals.

02-16-2011, 01:41 PM
You may be able to do it if you could somehow manage to keep a hose on the side of the tank, but I'd also worry about it having all the weight in it and the vibrations from the drill putting undue stress on the joints. I guess theoretically it should be possible if your wife won't kill you for dumping 5 gallons of water on your floor, but I wouldn't advise it as there is too much that can go wrong. You're way better off using an over the back overflow box if you are really set on not tearing it down.

02-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Wow. Duh. So much for my reading comprehension. I totally missed the stand part.