PDA

View Full Version : Help with anemone!!!!

drewbaby
03-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone,
Please help! I just bought my first anemone, and think I might of killed it. First, how do you know if it is not alive, and second how can you keep it away from your pump. It was lodged on there, so I just used my net to help it off. What do I do in a time like this? Please help!
Andy

bkHunt74
03-31-2013, 03:31 AM
what type of anemone is it? I keep my power heads several inches, 4"ish, away from my rock work. for the most part you are just going to have to keep an eye on it because it is going to look for a spot it likes.

if it is dead in will look like a pile of slime and stink very bad. it can look "dead" because it has expelled all of the water out of its tentacles or it can close up into a very small ball. did it actually get pulled into the intake of the powerhead? if it is dead make sure to remove so that it does not contaminate your whole system. you can place in a specimen / plastic container and float in tank. you will need to make sure that you change the water often and I would not add the water back into the tank.

if possible snap a photo and post.

kovfunk22
03-31-2013, 10:39 AM
yeah if its dead you will know.they just kind of disolve into mush. if its a bubble tip they are pretty bullet proof. never pull them out of anything . shut the pump off and let them get themself out. they pretty much can get into and out of anything without your help.

bkHunt74
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
any update?